Attendee Guide to TGIFF
This is a guide for the participants attending The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival (TGIFF): just about everything you need to know so you can enjoy your time at the Festival. If you need information other than that in this guide, please feel free to email us using the email address at the bottom of the site’s home page.
When will the Festival take place?
This year’s edition of TGIFF will take place on September 23-27, 2020.
Who is the Guest of Honor at TGIFF?
The guest of honor is the British actor Miltor Yerolemou. Please read the web page with all the information about Miltos on the page
Who are the Special Invitations?
Special guests are:
- Rachael Kelly (Northern Ireland), Fantasy author and founder of cinepunked.com
- Dragic Rabrenovic (Montenegro), main organizer of Refesticon, the largest Fantasy festival in Eastern Europe
- Adrijana Rabrenovic (Montenegro), main organizer of Refesticon, the largest Fantasy festival in Eastern Europe
- Miroslav Lakobrija (Serbia), founder of the Serbian Fantastic Film Festival
- Jovan Ristic (Serbia), founder of the Serbian Fantastic Film Festival
What language is spoken at the Festival?
TGIFF is an international festival, with English as the main language and Romanian as secondary language.
How will the festival take place?
The Science Fiction and Fantasy film festival will take place mainly online, and will host four evenings of film screenings in a Drive-in Cinema setup, in Dumbrăvița, Timiș. This format was chosen due to the bans on holding public and cultural events with hundreds of participants, which occurred as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The program of the Festival is the following:
- September 23-24-25-26, drive-in film screenings, in the evening, starting at 21.00 hours, in the parking lot of the Multipurpose Hall in Dumbrăvița, Timiș
- September 26-27, the program items will take place online (TGIFF Virtual)
The schedulecan be foud here:
Details about Drive-in screenings can be found here:
The virtual program will take place over the Internet, in several virtual locations:
- ZOOM location
- Google Meet location
- Discord Virtual Social Space
- The Facebook page of the Festival, where several Facebook Watch Parties will be organized
- The Youtube.com channel of the Festival
- Board Game Arena, for board games
The detailed program can be consulted here:
It is intended location for the main program thread, which will contain:
- Press conferences
- opening of the Festival
- watching the films from the festival selection, followed by discussions with the filmmaking team
- panels with the guest of honor and special guests
- the TGIFF awards ceremony
Google Meet Location
It is intended for the secondary program thread:
- workshop sites
- Meet & Greet session with the Guest of Honor Miltos Yerolemou
- Cosplay events, LARP
- playing presentations
Discord virtual social space
For the discussion and socialization needs of the participants, one or more Discord servers will be available, depending on the number of participants. The technical details to access the servers will be available in the participant’s account, present on the Festival’s website. The rules of conduct on the Discord server will be available on the server.
Facebook Watch Party
Will be launched from the Facebook account of the Festival, where films, provided by our program partners, will be broadcasted. There will be several topics (Cosplay, LARP, spaceship models, etc.), also the live session of the astronomical observation, from our program partners.
The youtube.com channel of the Festival will distribute the recordings made at the Festival.
Board Game Arena
It will host game sessions, organized by our program partners.
Attending TGIFF Virtual Festival
To attend TGIFF Virtual, you must purchase a participation ticket, for September 26th-27th, 2020. The ticket price is 20 lei ( just over 4 EURO) and can be purchased at https://bilete.ro/TGIFF
The necessary steps are:
1. go to https://bilete.ro/TGIFF and buy a ticket
2. go to the Festival website and create an account (details on page….)
3. enter the account, following the instructions received by email
4. in the account, you will find all the details to participate in TGIFF Virtual (ZOOM and Google Meet IDs, passwords, festival program, help materials, etc.)
Participation in virtual workshops and the virtual Meet & Greet session
To participate in virtual workshops and the Meet & Greet virtual session, you must purchase tickets from
Tickets are only valid with a TGIFF ticket!
For more details about the workshops, go to:
For more details about the virtual meeting Meet & Greet with the Guest of Honor Miltos Yerolemou, go to:
Do you need volunteers?
Yes! Please see our volunteer page:
Can I financially help the Festival?
Yes you can! TGIFF is organized by an NGO, “Association for Complementary Education”. Any donation is welcome. Please contact us by email, present at the bottom of the home page.
Are there any other rules I need to know?
Yes, please read our page, where you can find detailed information about our anti-harassment policies, our courtesy policies and more.
TGIFF will not tolerate harassment, intimidation, threats or violence in any form. We will react quickly and appropriately to eliminate these behaviors, and we will take appropriate measures, which may be to cancel the perpetrator’s access to the Festival, even for future editions. Please go to the Festival Reception (which will be present on the Discord virtual server) to ask for help!
We have a specific policy of politeness: do not abuse the time of our guests, within the program elements and outside them; do not speak during the program unless you are attending the question and answer session.
What do I do if I have other questions or urgent issues, including wanting to file a complaint?
Please go to the Reception (located on the Discord server) to request support from any member of the festival, present online.
We hope that this guide will help you enjoy the activities of the Festival without hindrance – and, of course, we would love to hear your feedback. Contact us if you have any suggestions or questions!